Position: Graduate Telecom/Civil Engineer
Company: Novegen limited
Description of Role
If you’re looking for the opportunity to flex your creative skills within your Telecom/Civil Engineering qualification, Novegen is providing the chance for you to not only take responsibility for maintaining the integrity of our GIS System, but also work with big tech to design and build carrier class fixed line networks.
Rather than just inputting data, a driven and skilled graduate will have the chance to propose, develop and implement new automated systems and processes within the project team.
- The successful graduate will work closely with the Project Manager who will provide them with regular and objective feedback, valuable insight and support.
- Working with internal & external design & construction teams to design, deploy, QC & record a carrier class fixed line network.
- You will need to be proactive and precise with the completion of project documentation.
- Offering your advice and guidance to the project team along with data input onto the GIS system
- Preparation and review of preliminary designs and reports using a variety of computer packages and subsequent preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Preparation of Preliminary and Contract Drawings using a range of packages such as AutoCAD 2D/3D and ArcGIS.
- Procurement of Site Investigation, Civil Engineering Works and technical contracts including preparation of pricing schedules and Bills of Quantities.
- Administration of the construction contracts to ensure that design requirements, project schedules and project budget are tracked and monitored.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- GIS/CAD experience within network planning environment – GIS Diagrams and Fibre Network Schematics
- Network Planning, Network Design
- Great communication skills are also necessary as you will be working closely with internal & external multifunctional teams
- Previous experience with large network and telecoms carriers will be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- AutoCAD 2D and 3D will be a basic requirement.
- Strong GIS skills – including in experience of Appbuilder, design & launch
- Graduate of an Engineering discipline – Civil / Telecom / Quantity surveying / Electrical, IT systems / GIS or related fields.