Position: Purchasing assistant
Company: Burnside Eurocyl
Description of Role
The graduate will work as part of the supply chain team to manage the supply of components.
Duties will include the following.
– Development of new and existing suppliers
– Management of a large budget
– Updating the status of purchase orders on the system in real-time
– Co-ordinating inbound deliveries
– Liaising with suppliers to resolve issues on supply, pricing and delivery
– Working with the Design, Sales and Customer Service teams to achieve targets
– KPI reporting to ensure effective management of supplier monitoring and vendor rating
– Working as part of a team to implement process improvement projects
Reduction of material costs, Ensure material required is in stock on time & Maintenance of optimum stock levels
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
Experience of an MRP system is a distinct advantage. Must have a high attention to detail as well as good people skills, time management and project management. Technical engineering knowledge is an advantage but not essential. The ability to work to deadlines is a requirement.
Some travel to supplier sites may be required